Terms of ServiceBy using the Careted.com web site or related services (collectively, "Careted"), a service of SimpliTex LLC, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
- You must be at least 13 years of age to use this service.
- You are responsible for any and all activity that occurs via your user account.
- You agree to abide by all applicable laws, including copyright laws, in your jurisdiction.
- You will not use Careted for any unauthorized or illegal purposes.
- You will not bully, harass, abuse, impersonate, or threaten any Careted users.
- You are solely responsible for any and all materials, including but not limited to, links, text, graphics, photos, videos, and other media ("Content") submitted to Careted, by whatever means.
- You acknowledge and understand that SimpliTex is a Service Provider and is not liable under the safe harbor protections under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act for any violation or infringement of third party copyright or other rights by you.
- Your use of Careted is at your sole risk. Careted is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- SimpliTex reserves the right to terminate the Careted service at any time, for any reason, without notice.
- SimpliTex reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, at any time, for any reason.
- SimpliTex may, but is not obligated to, remove any Content deemed, at our sole discretion, to be obscene, threatening, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable of in violation of these Terms of Service
- These Terms of Service shall be governed and construed by the laws of the United States (as applied by Federal courts sitting in the State of Texas) and of the State of Texas, notwithstanding any rules concerning conflicts of laws. You agree that any legal action must be taken in Travis County, Texas, United States of America, and you herein consent to venue in Travis County Texas.
- These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between SimpliTex and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of SimpliTex, or by the posting by SimpliTex of a revised version. If any revisions are considered material, as determined at our sole discretion and in good faith, we will notify you via internet mail at the address on record in your user account at the time.
- You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit to Careted.
- By submitting Content on or through Careted, you grant SimpliTex a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license (with the right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (both current and future).
DMCA PolicyIf you believe that content available via the Careted service infringes one or more of your copyrights, please notify us by providing a written notice (“Infringement Notice”) containing the information described below to address listed below.
- Evidence of the authorization to act on behalf of a copyright owner;
- An identification of the copyright claimed to have been infringed;
- A detailed description of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringed;
- A detailed description of the content believed to be infringing and its location(s) on the Careted service;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address; and
- A statement by you: (a) that you believe in good faith that the use of the content that you claim to infringe your copyright is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (specifically including "Fair Use"); (b) that all of the information contained in your Infringement Notice is accurate, and (c) under penalty of perjury, that you are either the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
Many thanks to the good folks at Automattic for sharing their Terms of Service under a Creative Commons Sharealike license. It was very helpful.